Andrews University Devs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unknown user may login

2 posters

Go down

Unknown user may login Empty Unknown user may login

Post  Kenny Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:59 am

Anyone can modify data

Possible Error

Severity

Form page

Possible correction

Comment

Homepage ‘Remember’ remembers ALL the time

high

Homepage

http://www.daspecster.com/cam/index.php/

Recode the ‘Remember’

(see below)
Since this is a Web app, if a user does not logout explicitly (probably was accessed from a Cafe), I think it is possible for an UNKNOWN USER to continue accessing the database for any Camper from the same computer used.

At the homepage, it's like the 'Remember' is performing its duty without being asked to do that.
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Unknown user may login Empty Re: Unknown user may login

Post  steven.oxley Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:42 am

Kenny wrote:
Since this is a Web app, if a user does not logout explicitly (probably was accessed from a Cafe), I think it is possible for an UNKNOWN USER to continue accessing the database for any Camper from the same computer used.

At the homepage, it's like the 'Remember' is performing its duty without being asked to do that.

If you are referring to the fact that a user will stay logged in for a certain amount of time, then yes, the user is "remembered." If you close your browser and open it back up again, however, you will see that you must log in again because the cookie has been deleted.
'Remember' is for if you want the cookie to persist for multiple browser sections. I don't think it would be a very user-friendly "feature" to require our users to log in every time they switched pages.

steven.oxley

http://stevenoxley.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum